If you have been asked to reword a paragraph or reword articles and you are not sure on how you will do it, do not fret. Rewording will be easy when you know some tips, when you know some words that you can use and you know how you will structure it. To know more information about , here is what you need to do.
How to Reword a Paragraph
When it comes to rewords paragraph, it is somewhat difficult. In rewording, you need to take the original text by using your own words as well as using another structure while conveying the same meaning of the passage.
- Know what is rewording means: To reword my text, it is important that you know what rewording is all about. You need to express the same ideas in a different way. You need to know it so that you will avoid committing mistakes.
- Do not compare it with summarizing: Rewording is different from summarizing which means you need to know the difference of the two. In summarizing, you are getting the important points while in rewording, you are rephrasing the whole text with the use of your own words but making sure that the meaning will be retained.
- Don’t make the text shorter: In rewording, it does not mean that you need to make the text shorter. In summarizing, you are making the text shorter but it rewording a paragraph, there are instances that your version is longer than the original text. On the other hand, your rewording sometimes is shorter depending on how you write it.
- Word choice: It is important to change the word choice when you are rewording. You need to change the words that are used in the paragraph. As a writer, you need to present the information in a unique and original way without changing the meaning. You need to explain the idea by using other words with the same meaning. Do not ever attempt to chance the meaning or else you are making another story.
- Use thesaurus: Using thesaurus as your guide for word choice is not a bad idea. It can be your help so that you are sure on what you are rewording. With it, you can able to find similar words that you can use in rewording.
- Syntax: In rewording, it is not just about changing words but it is also about syntax which means it is about how you put words together in order to form a sentence. Knowing this is important to able to create a great paragraph without mistakes.
- Structure: Changing also the structure of the paragraph is important. You need to put your sentences in a way that will make sense because doing this will lead your reader on what is the idea you are presenting.
There you have it some tips that will help you in rewording your paragraph. If you want to reword your own paragraph because you believe in yourself that you can do it, then you need to check out some tips to be your guide or try to reword sentences online.