APA Style Paraphrasing
APA style is a writing format often used in academic and scientific writing. It dictates many things about how you write a paper and includes rules involving paraphrasing. The actual paraphrasing you do for an APA style paper is no different than any other paraphrasing. The text being paraphrased should be reworded and restructured without changing the meaning. The difference with APA style paraphrasing is in how you cite the reference material. Whenever you paraphrase a source, you must give credit to the original author, and there are numerous APA rules for how you should do this. See our paraphrasing paragraphs examples below.
APA paraphrasing citation guidelines include:
- How to cite in-text and on a reference list
- How to cite from books, magazines, scholarly journal articles, web-pages and others types of resources. Each resource is different.
- How to cite if you paraphrase text from a book by one author or more than one author
To get an idea how to cite sources you have paraphrased, look at some APA paraphrasing examples or try to use paraphrasing help online.
Use APA Paraphrasing Examples to Learn How to Credit Resources
When using paraphrased material in an APA style paper, keep the following in mind:
- Sources should be cited in two places. There will be an in-text citation and also a reference page citation.
- Citations on the reference page should be listed alphabetically by the author’s last name.
Look at an APA paraphrasing citation example from the same type of resource as you are using to see how you should write out your citation. You won’t learn how to cite a website if the example you look at is referencing a book.
The Following Is an APA Paraphrasing Example:
Advantages of Using Paraphrase Service
It is vital to understand all of the rules for paraphrasing. Here, you are always welcome to find more of the tips to use If you are having difficulties in APA paraphrasing or MLA paraphrasing. Paraphrase service can provide any guidance you need, whether it’s furnishing you with APA paraphrasing examples to study, paraphrasing and citing text rules or some other paraphrasing need.
Start to paraphrase correctly today. Take a look at the useful guide we have if you have a paraphrasing problem or need more APA paraphrasing examples!